Creative Culture Southwest (CCSW) is an Exeter based multi disciplined art, culture and heritage led initiative that has been active since October 2018.
The company was formed as a not-for-profit with the aim of addressing the lack of easily accessible pathways in which people can get involved in the arts, develop skills, reach audiences and collaborate with others. By nurturing engagement we aim to build innovative ways to help people discover their potential and lay a pathway in which they can gain confidence and develop within the arts sector.
To enable us to do this we develop multi-disciplined programmes consisting of art led events that showcase local talent, theatre and workshops; helping to build strong connections between art practitioners and their audiences whilst enhancing what is on offer in the Exeter area.
CCSW’s key goals are:
- To inspire and encourage (specifically but not limited to) young adults and the disabled to become involved in the creative arts
- To develop pathways in which people can develop skills relevant to the arts
- To develop and create opportunities for people to grow within the local arts community and wider arts sector
- To promote inclusiveness and aim to engage with the most diverse audiences possible
- To support Exeter and the surrounding communities to maintain a sustainable arts culture through collaboration